Thursday, March 17, 2016

UGA Exchange

Before spring break I was racking my brain trying to find ways to come up with some last minute
money for Spring Break. I already have a job, but am only able to work one or two days a week and I
considered Plato's Closet, but I feel like they kind of rip you off. I mean last time I sold to Plato's closet, they gave me $7 for a BCBG shirt that was originally $50 something dollars. Anyways, I was talking to my friends who use Ebay and they said it's really only helpful for high priced items.  Then, one of my friends suggested I post somethings on UGA Exchange. I had no clue what that was.  

UGA Exchange is a secret Facebook group with girls from UGA that sell and search for clothes.  My friend added me to it and I was introduced to a whole new world of resale. For a second I was worried because I saw more things I wanted to buy, but I took photos of my clothes and posted them. Within a couple hours girls messaged me asking if they could try on and bidding on it with different prices! Within an hour I sold two items and had $50 in my pocket for spring break!  I also saw a cute Victoria's Secret swimsuit top for only $5 that completed my spring break swim wardrobe. 

Spring time is also formal season.. and wedding season. So girls are in a constant search for gowns and nice dresses, which in the real world run for pretty high prices. On UGA exchange there is a plethora of discounted gowns! I mean like "beat the outlets" kind of prices. Girls who have worn $400 BCBG gowns one time resell them for $100. I am a junior and I sold my freshman and sophomore year formal dresses on there, which allowed me to afford a new formal dress for this year! 

UGA Exchange is a great idea. It connect people in the same area in search of the same things.  It has even developed its own lingo.  People will say "ISO" when they are "in search of" a certain item or "OBO" for "or best offer" if they don't know if their item will sell at the listed price. I buy or sell something at least every two weeks. It is a huge community with over 2000 members.  If you're interested in being added, just comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment